Tuesday, February 2, 2010

About this blog

For my first post I'd like to briefly introduce myself, why I am creating this blog, and what I expect to be writing about. For quite some time I've wanted to write about the following things:
  • Why I am Christian.
  • My conversion experience. A deeply personal mystical experience.
  • Why I am pro-life. The logical foundation for my convictions.
  • Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
  • Reflections on world views and a variety of books, websites, and videos.
  • Occasional random things
  • Perhaps some music too

About Me:

Hi all, thanks for visiting my blog. I'm JD. I am a musician & songwriter. I have played the bass guitar for the past 8 years or so at church. I've been playing the guitar since high school. My undergraduate degree is in Psychology and my graduate degree is in Computer Science. I've played in a variety of bands since high school. Mostly rock and alternative but more recently also Christian rock. I've written a half dozen songs that have been completed and another few that are still unfinished. I've also written some music for church.

Thanks for visiting!
JD

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm glad you got the blog up and running. I added you to my bloglist in my sidebar so it keeps me updated when you post.
    I tried to be your first follower but someone beat me to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Mary! Yep, it looks like Kristina was my first follower. She's the one that Randy gave the self defense lesson to. But you are my first comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) yay im glad this is getting started!! i need to update mine, its hard to find time to write...you'll find that its tough to get things up, especially when people are expecting to have something to read all the time! haha can't wait for your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad too Kristina! Been wanting to start this blog for a year or so! Looking forward to reading your updates too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Blogland.

    Plenty of people out here waiting to read you. So get started.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the little motivation boost Victor! Just a simple statement being added tonight to get me started.

    ReplyDelete